Last week, I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Amy over at Mastering Flanerie. Thank you Amy! This is an award for bloggers who have under 200 followers, and provides the opportunity for the various bloggers to connect and broaden their pool of followers. The nominator gives you 11 questions to answer and you give the people you nominate 11 questions to answer. Amy asked me to nominate 11 bloggers, however many of the blogs I follow have already been given a Liebster Award so I have given you five blogs.
The perk for you readers is you get to learn about the blogger behind the blogs you love and discover some blogs that you might like! So please check out Amy’s blog and some of these others I have nominated for the award.
Amy’s Questions for me:
- What inspires you? People who seek different adventures and live abnormal lives. I love watching documentaries about people who sail around the world or decide to build a tiny house.
- Where is your favorite travel destination? Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos Islands – you can read all about why here.
- What is one thing you cannot live without? Water, yes I know we all can’t live without it, but I love it. I drink a ton everyday.
- What are you future plans for your blog? To grow a community of readers who interact with me and the blog.
- What are some of your favorite activities to do during a long vacation? To read and relax. Some vacations are all about sightseeing and experiencing the place, but a long vacation allows you to relax and unwind. Reading is my way of unwinding.
- Did you enjoy high school? Mostly, yes.
- If you were stranded in a foreign city, where you do not speak the language, what is the first thing you would do? Learn how to ask where the toilet is in their language, see question #3!
- What is your earliest memory? I am adopted and so is my sister. At age 3 1/2 my parents were told they were the parents of another girl and so my first memory is going into meet her before my parents did! Mostly I remember how small she was and the dress we put her in.
- Happiest moment in your life so far… This is a tough one. I will give you top three: Finding out I got my current job in Qatar, the day my second niece was born (I was there for this one) and the day I moved to New York City for seven years!
- Would you rather spend an afternoon exploring a new city, or stay at home curled up in bed? Exploring a new city for sure! I love learning about new places.
- Are you a dog or a cat person? I am a cat person. I love dogs too, but they are way more work than a cat. To me cats are very entertaining and loving. Makes me miss my cat, Sophie who didn’t make the move to Qatar with me as she is too old. She is living out here retirement at my parent’s house!
My Questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favorite vacation spot?
3. What is the last book you read? Did you like?
4. What is your favorite band?
5. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
6. What is your favorite blog post you wrote?
7. Beach or pool?
8. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
9. What is your day job?
10. What is the food you hate the most?
11. Tell us something completely random about yourself
Hope you learned something about me today. My question for you is, how did you find my blog?